© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Strange Meeting

Here it is: the first of the two short stories I've promissed! If you'r kinda newby in Fifteen Journey, you may prefer to read those ones before trying the long stories.

Strange Meeting

We felt really excited as the ship sailed towards the harbour. I almost forgot the other people arround me, as the ship was fast approaching land. The sea was very calm, but my heart was a storm of emotion. I didn't know what to feel. I didn't know what to think... After so many years living with my uncles, I had finally found out that my dad is still alive!
When they told me that, they tried to explain that he was on a secret mission in the USA, and not even his own son could know that he was living. Even with that explanation, I just couldn't believe why they had lied to me during all these years, but at least I had an opportunity to see my father, now that the ship was anchoring in the New York City Harbour.
The ship finally stopped and some moments later it was possible to get out of it and touch the land. When I reached the exit, I looked again at the huge group of people that was waiting for the ship's crew members, trying to find my father, but I could only see unknown people talking or buying stuff for tourists.
I was going off the ship when a group of peopleshouted something very loud and the police started to run, chasingsomething I just couldn't see. I finally got out of the ship and started to search the crowd for my father again.
After a while, when I was thinking of giving up, someone grabbed my arm and started to run. First, it scared me, but then I looked at the person that had grabbed my arm. It was my father! I recognised him immediatly, because of the photos my uncles had at home. But something was wrong. Why were we runninglike that? He freed my arm and told me to run as fast as I could. When I saw the police running at us, I understood why were we running: it was because the police was chasing us! I ran faster abd overtook my dad.
Then, I heard some gun shots and someone near me crying in pain and falling to the ground. I ran even faster and, for a long period of time, I ran as fast as I could throught the streets of New York.
After a while, I stopped. There was no police, but no father, too. My heart beat faster, as I realised that the person who had been hit by the gun shot was my dad!

1 Comments:

Blogger MF said...

So sad...
I liked your story since it didn't use dialogue and wasn't boring at all!! I guess writing in the first person gives more action to the whole thing cause we share the person's feelings.
By the way, was it you that put our bloggy in this site: "http://www.linkreferral.com/dirlist.pl?category=entertainment&subcategory=literature" ?

PS: I'm thinking too of writing a short story dedicated to Saritah (she has already asked me to do it). :D

Sunday, 23 April, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home