© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dion - Chapter 4

“My master is calling…”Gardn’s words came accompanied by a grin. However, we only realised it was for real when we saw all the other students exiting the library not by their own will.
Gardn did not answer our recent questions and left the library with a satisfied expression. I tried to stop some of the students but it hadn’t any effect at all. Now, there was nothing we could do towards the moving puppets. And it was when I felt an evil aura that I realised that they were Dion’s puppets.
“It comes from the master’s office.” Namid replied referring to the vast power.
‘Pramiet?’ Yes, our master had failed in controlling her power.
In hope to find someone, I exited the library and searched in the corridors. I saw a little girl with her tens crying as soon as I get to the hall. To avoid more disasters, I pulled her to my back, which made her sleep instantaneously. To escape Dion’s power you need a certain amount of energy and I guess she was exhausted.
I still searched in every room I could remember of, except Pramiet’s building that was being occupied by Dion’s puppets. In fact, I guessed we three were the only ones who weren’t being controlled by Dion. Finally, without any hope left, I joined Namid at the entrance of the library. But her actions surprised me: she was grabbing a strange amulet pointing with a pink and sad light to Pramiet’s building.
“What are you doing?” she jumped with my question.
“Who’s that?” she asked trying to change subject.
“She was in the hall.”
“Her power is light.” She stated.
If I was surprised for a moment, I now couldn’t stop smiling. “Indeed.” I wasn’t the only light user after all.
But many questions were running through my brain. And Namid noticed that.
“Her power is bigger than theirs. She controls more than darkness.” With my confused expression, she completed. “To make things clearer, anyone whose power is not light will be attracted by her.”
“But you are…”
“Air, yes, but I am an exception.” I still wanted more information but she shut me up with her hand’s movement.
I looked again at the sleeping girl in my back. It sure was great not to be the only light user.
“Killian, come.”
Obediently, I followed her. I didn’t even know she knew my name. She was leading me to the ground floor when suddenly a dark and blinding light caused us to fall. They were spirits searching for victims.
“Hurry!”
As fast as I could, I ran to the janitor’s closet. Too small for us three but Namid had something inside. By connecting some cables she managed to create a energy field to keep us secure.
“You can open the door now.”
Curious, I opened it. Indeed, spirits could make it to us. I could finally sit down and rest a bit. Namid was still operating the machine’s buttons.
“Thanks.” I said.
She did not answer immediately but eventually sat in the floor as well.
“Killian…” she started.
I turned to her.
“This field is not permanent but I should warn you that you won’t be affected by the spirits. This is my strategy to save myself. So do not thank.” She said with a professional tone. But she had helped to save the child, which was enough.
Suddenly, another dark flash crossed our visions. As soon as I got used to the new light, I could clearly see the protective field was decreasing.
Then, I heard a wood-breaking sound. Namid had fallen dishoped on the ground. It was the end for her.
“Who are you?” I asked dodging myself to find her face. But the only thing she did before answering me was to show her tearful green eye.


Next Chapter:
Namid. Gardn in the dark mind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home