© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Haunted Tower - Introduction

Here it is: my first real story: The Haunted Tower!
This is one of my "bestsellers": I've wrote when I was 12 (I used to write a lot at that age), and re-wrote it 2 years later, for a school homework (when I was reading my old stories, I found it and kind of liked it's style, deciding to "remake" it). When I wrote it again, I've upgraded some details, so the writing wouldn't be so childlike and the story could be longer than a simple A4 page.
Finnaly, when I was thinking in one of my best stories to post here, I remembered it (because it's not the first time I will re-write it).
Because another couple of years have gone since the last "remake", I won't simply pass it to english, but also reformulate a lot of details, write a bigger story, change the existing characters, add some others to the action and try to create a more convicing world and general athmosphere.
I've already noticed that my best friend in those "writing to The Fifteen Journey hours" is going to be my little portuguese-english dictionary, as I had to use it sometimes in this small introduction (imagine how will it be when I'll be writting the story itself). Although this "little" help, I'm sure I'll keep doing a lot of mistakes, even because this text editor doesn't detect grammar errors, so you may have some fun while reading my lines. Enjoy as long as you can (the idea is to clear all our errors).
Because I wrote a big introduction, I think is better to write the first chapter later... Now, I'll only write the first paragraph, to make some curiosity in the air (yes, I'm evil)!

Eyodar woke up and suddently understood what was happening: the entire city was on fire! As fast as he could, he dressed up and left his bedroom with his sword, Aeridya. The first thing he thought was in going to his daughter's bedroom: Jeriah could be in danger! He screamed, as he forced the door to open. But when he got inside the room, she wasn't there. A terrible feeling invaded Eyodar's heart when he saw the window's glass arround the floor: someone kidnaped Jeriah!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger MF said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, a real story!
Ok, that is one good piece of art. Writen by a 12-year-old boy this is excelent, and I think you should congratulate your friend dictionary. I'm kind of thinking that dictionaries should also be the authors of all stories we write here.
Just keep working hard as you always do, director!

Thursday, 01 December, 2005

 
Blogger R said...

It's not exactly writen by a 12 year old boy... The story itself had changed a lot, and you'll only be able to read the begining of the original story at the 3rd-4th chapter ;)
I was thinking in changing the title, too, but I think that now it is too late...

Friday, 02 December, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home