© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fifteen Journey - Chapter 25

“Cassey,… I’ve got to say you something…”
His sentence was cut when hearing a leaf-breaking sound, coming near. Rick pulled out his sword and waited. As for Cassey, she stared at the dense forest, feared something could happen. Then, another sound was heard. That person was running, away from them. Rick didn’t lose time: he started his follow. It was not long till he caught her. And the unpredictable thing happened.
It was a little girl, with her eights, short hair and strange clothes. Although the wood was really dark, he understood the situation.
‘No! I’ve been caught. What can I do now? If he discovers my true identity…’
He kneeled till they were facing eyes to eyes and enquired her.
“Are you lost, little girl?” he said with a cheerful mode. “You should be in your bed now! Don’t worry. I won’t tell your Mummy!”
The girl was stunned. Was he kidding her? That was the only possibility.
‘Let’s pretend…’
“Yeah,… chuif… and I can’t find the way back. Bou, I want to go home…” she said almost crying.
“You can stay in our camp this night, ok? Tomorrow, we’ll find your way back.” He told her smiling and went hand in hand with her.
‘My plan is working, eheh…’ she thought grinning evilly.
Back to the camp, they checked Cassey had woken up the other two teens.
“Hey, guys, this is…” Rick presented her “Hum, what’s your name?”
“Ahm, mmh, Edith” she said relieved.
“Edith, I’m Rick,” he said pointing to himself and then he pointed to his mates “This is Cassey” Cassey smiled at her “Fred…”
“You woke us because of a stupid girl? Let me sleep…” Fred yelled.
“Never mind, and this is Mike…”
‘Oh, oh…’
“What is this joke, Ashley?” Mike asked the girl.
“No,” Rick replied “Her name is Edith.”
“You can be fooled, but I can’t. This is Ashley Ruffel, number 4 from Tourch.”
Ashley was stunned as well as everyone else, except Horous who was still sleeping. Even Fred had stopped in his way to the tent. The guy who had been with her in the ceremony had discovered her secret.
“Number 4??!!” everyone asked.
Ashley bursted in tears.
“Why did you have to ruin my plan? Buaaa!!!”
“Stop, Mike. It’s ok…” Cassey tried to confort her.
“Let me go!”
Rick had to solve the situation while Mike was waking Horous up.
“Hey, Ashley, crying is no use. Come and sit us near the fire.” He suggested.
“I can’t. I know she will come after me again…”
“What do you mean as she?” Fred asked.
“Come on,” Rick objected “let’s get something for Ashley to eat. I’m getting hungry too!”
During the night, Ashley just ate what she was given. She would speak; at least that was what Rick hoped…
“What were you doing here in the middle of the night, after all?” Cassey asked Ashley.
She paused for a while choosing the best words to use.
“I’ve been trying to escape her for the last days, and today I managed to reach here. Then, I saw light and found your camp...”
“Who’s her?” Fred asked for the second time.
“Oh, she’s the one that defeated me…”
“You have been beaten?” Mike asked shocked.
She misled her face to the ground, embarrassed.
“Ashley,” Rick begged “can you give us any proof that you aren’t lying?”
“Oh, that I can. Check my arm.”
Ashley removed the long gloves and showed her arm to them. The four marked in it was grey.
“What does this mean?” Rick asked confused.
“It means that she is telling the truth.” Mike answered “If you see my arm, the three is grey too.”
Cassey and Fred, after checking, nodded to confirm.
Mike continued “It means the player isn’t in game anymore.”
Rick checked his arm too. He smiled at the shining blue colour it transmitted.
Ashley stared again at the floor regretting the lie she had said. What could she do to compensate her lie?
“Who defeated you?” Rick made that question for the third time that night.
“It was…” Ashley was about to answer when she shouted with horror pointing the forest “HER!!!”
Rick saw the eyes lead by anger; the ones belonging to the one who defeated Ashley. Annya.

Next Chapter:
His body and mind were hurt. Those cold eyes weren’t helping. What should he do? – Darkness Encounter

Author’s Note:
I guess I’ll have to make more Fifteen Journey’s chapters. We are almost reaching half of the story, which means… party!!! Kyaa!!! Never mind. I’ll leave parties to baby Ashley.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home