© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Fifteen Journey - Chapter 24

That night was glamorous. The twinkling stars contrasted with the dark blue sky. Nature was celebrating.
It felt great to be full healed. He could now breathe and felt freer than ever, interact outside, where he belonged; he preferred open spaces.
“Let’s camp here!” everyone accepted Cassey’s suggestion “I’m beginning feeling tired.”
“Already? Come on, enjoy life while you can!”
“You have been sleeping for a day, Rick…”
Shut up, that was what she meant to say.
They had now been walking for 3 days, without destination. Although the three ex-players felt tired from so much walking, Rick shared his energy with the other. Both three were motivated to walk with his hope, life and spirit.
“Rick, get me some sticks.” Cassey ordered.
“Hey, Horous is the dog here!”
Both Mike and Horous glanced offended at Rick.
“I’ll go with you…” Fred replied trying to avoid another argument.
Fred suggested his company since he had other aims, and questions, to ask. They had walked for a while when Fred intervene.
“You lucky bastard!”
Rick was caught surprised. “Lucky?”
“Where did you get so much energy during the battle? I’m sure you cheated pretending you were weak and all…” Rick was stunned “Come on, admit it. You cheated.”
“No, I haven’t!!!”
“So, where did you get so much energy? That is scientifically incorrect,…”
“Hey, listen up” Rick gathered his courage “I did not cheat, and I don’t know where all that energy came from but the fact is that that happened. It’s a matter of trust. Do you trust me?” Rick waited firmly of his words.
“No, not yet. But I’ll give you time…”
The discussion ended here since their job was already finished. When arriving at the camping, the rage went away thanks to the graceful aroma of dinner.
The night went by, as well as the food. Rick hadn’t had this friendship ambient so lively before. All the friends he had in his villages were his families and the ones guilty of the fact that Rick was a Tourch player…
“You know, I have a really stupid story to tell you…” Rick started. Both three heard his speech while Horous was profiting his last bone “It was a loud night. Me and my mates were celebrating, like every end of week, and we got all drunk” Cassey glanced at Rick with an accusation look “It is why I’m here, they, somehow, convinced me to write my name and ask to participate in Tourch… If I hadn’t got drunk… I wouldn’t have to pass over all this…”
“It wasn’t that bad…”
Rick turned at Mike demanding an explanation.
“If you had never got drunk, we wouldn’t have known each other…” Mike explained “And you would have never rescued me when I needed.”
“And you would never have saved me countless times…”
Fred and Cassey looked perplexed. An apologising was occurring right in front of their eyes…
None word needed to be said more due too to the fatigue of the three ex-players. Rick, still full of energy, asked to make the first guard, who would be followed by Cassey, Fred and finally Mike. The others went to their tents and, for the first time, Horous fell asleep in Rick’s lap.
Rick’s conscience still wasn’t clear. He had to solve things with Cassey. Even if it seemed that he had been forgiven, he sensed she didn’t feel comfortable near him… Women…
His line of thoughts was interrupted by a leaf that landed on Rick’s nose, making him sneeze and perturb Horous’s sleep. Nature… Horiond was his country. His beautiful country. He felt proud of his origins, his country wasn’t as antiquated as Haliat and wasn’t as cruel as Veleniar. It was perfect. However, nothing is perfect. That was Rick’s fear; the pureness of Horiond could turn the country into a perfect discord. Horiond was a little boy, compared to the old-aged countries near it. And little boys are innocent, that is true, but they make a lot of mistakes too.
He shut his eyes for a while, to rest a bit, but it wasn’t long till he heard the sound of breaking leaves. Quickly, without opening his eyes to pretend he was asleep, Thynia was unfolded to the enemy, revealing him to be no more than Cassey.
“What are you doing? Do you want to kill me???”
“Oh, sorry!...” he apologised embarrassed.
“Guard change. Go to sleep.”
Cassey sat near the fire, still burning, preparing herself for the guard. Rick grabbed Horous and put him nearer the fire, stood up and waited for an order from his brain.
‘Talk to her.’
‘No, don’t talk. She will probably make you feel a fool!’
“What are you doing there, just staring at the floor?”
“Oh, nothing… Cassey, I’ve got to say you something…”
However, his words were interrupted by a sound from the woods near. And the two youngsters saw a new guest.

Next Chapter:
“What is this joke, Ashley?” Mike asked the girl. – The little liar

Author’s Note:
I’ve been reading previous chapters (first ones) and reading the stuff I write in these little comments. Men, it’s dreadful! But, ok, I was a strange girl, I’m always growing up.
I know I have to improve a lot of things in my writing and I will try to give more details about the action, so that you can understand what I had pictured. My imagination surpasses my writing abilities, so it may get pretty confusing sometimes.
I hope you appreciate the following new characters. This isn’t over! (Evil grin)…

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice chap! your going non stop now, well this is starting to remind me a fellowship... well keep it up and post soon! :)

Sunday, 12 March, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home