© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Butterfly Mystery - Chapter 7

The following days passed quickly. The work started blasting everyone, even teachers, and Martha wasn’t having time for anything else than studying. However, the two weeks had been useful to get to know other people and places. Like the three stylish. And here they were.
Tina, Meredith and Jane were the ones considered to be the most stylish in the whole college. Using their uniforms, they invented modern ways to use it. They weren’t known as the prettiest girls in the school, but they had reputation. They were now crossing the hall, the opposite side from Martha. At least, the three of them were to busy to worry with Martha. Loneliness. Martha had been alone for a long time now. Jack wasn’t in the same class, neither Jennifer, which whom she had created a special friendship, and her classmates already had their groups.
Her line of thoughts were interrupted by a loud discussion some metres away.
“I didn’t steal it, okay?”
“Don’t kid with me, you were too near to the closet.”
Martha approached the place from where all that noise was coming. A huge crowd was seeing the discussion.
“I did not do it!”
“So, who did it? You must have seen it.”
“I didn’t… wasn’t paying attention…”
“He didn’t do it… director…”
Martha had approached the scene and was now showing William, the director of the Security department, the accused clothes.
“See, he is sweaty. He must have come from a sport’s training. It would be weird to go steal something all sweaty, it would bring on suspicions, am I right?” Martha asked turning at the accused.
She felt they have known each other before, but she wasn’t able to know where. He was blushing, probably from surprise.
“Yes, you are right…”
“You were…” William, the director of the security department, was stunned “you visited us in the beginning of the school year!”
“Yeah, that’s right… My name is Martha Williams.”
‘Martha, that is a pretty name…’
“Who find something had been stolen?” Martha asked.
“That would be that girl over there…” Martha hurried to the ninth-grade girl. “Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” William enquired.
“I’ll find the culprit…” she answered.
Then she turned to the girl.
“Who has the keys to the closet?”
“I have been having them since I’m this week’s responsible. I only take them to shower and sleep. And since I had them this morning, the thief must have stolen it during my PE class.”
“Can I borrow them?”
The girl accepted, although she was worried about her reputation.
“What do you think you’re doing?” William asked.
“Solving the robbery.”
Then she noticed the boy she had saved was still watching the scene. His eyes perturbed…
He blushed hardly when noticing she was staring at him, and turned his eyes to the floor. Martha just continued her path to the closet.
Once there, she checked the place.
“What was stolen?” she asked William.
“Hey, kiddie, this is my job.” He threatened her.
“Let’s make a bet. If I solve this case in five minutes, you will let me intervene every investigation there is. Otherwise, if I’m not able, I’ll get out of this school and I’ll never see me again. Deal?”
He thought for a while.
“Deal. Five minutes, counting from… now.”
She had five minutes.
“So, what was stolen?”
“Hey, can’t tell you. You have to find out.”
She grinned at him.
“What if it was something from this old chest?”
William was stunned.
“How did you know?”
“Elementary…”
Martha used the keys to open the case while William was leaving the closet.
“Definitely, there isn’t much dust here; someone must have been searching here something.”
Martha pulled out the files and started reading them. Five minutes wasn’t enough…
“Need help?” the boy she had saved before asked.
She smiled at him surprised.
“Yeah, thanks. Do you know the name of the responsible?”
“Somehow, yeah. We’re in the same class, her name is Julie Kant. In fact, I think that she has volunteered for this kind of job, she wasn’t forced to do it…”
Martha, faster than anything, searched quickly for something. However, she wasn’t able to find it.
“Call William, I’ve solved this case out…”

Next Chapter:
The truth. How is he?

Author’s Note:
This is Butterfly Mystery’s true nature. From now on, you boys can read this stuff. It is all full of mystery and suspense.
I haven’t written BM for a long time (really long time) but here I am, ready for action. Now that I can’t go to the internet when I want, I found a way to replace it. Except fast work from me, for now on. Enjoy and comment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home