© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Dion - Chapter 3

Revelations… They are our essence, the thing that makes us learn, in which we believe. What if we discover the world we’re living in isn’t real?
Most of my memories have been taken by Dion, when she captured me to take information. However, in those occasions, I sensed her presence in my body, her spirit going through my memories searching for information that could help her. Yes, I have been a tool in her hands and I regret not be able to defend myself and let that information to wrong hands. In fact, I regret everything I did, I wasn’t able to control to feelings. If I hadn’t been so selfish…

“Who are you?”
Namid looked perplexed at me.
“What do you mean, who are you?”
“You aren’t like the other students. What are your aim?”
“You really are curious…”
“But!...”
“Need not to know.”
I shut up. Indeed, my curiosity was leading me too far. Asking silly questions… But she wasn’t normal. Namid was thirteen years old, younger three years from me. Her power was air, the power to control the wind and things of the sort.
“Just answer me one thing…” I started “Why are you always checking Her movements?”
“Look who’s here…”
I turned at the speaker. Gardn, my enemy.
“What do you want this time?” I asked annoyed.
“Oh, I need some practise. Wanna be beat once more?”
Yes, he hadn’t anything else to do.
“Bring it on.”
We didn’t even notice we were in the library. Our hands were already glowing power and preparing to battle. However, something happened. Gardn’s hands stopped emitting light and he grinned at both of us. Except me and Namid, the other students of the library were also acting strangely, just like mummies and heading to the exit. But is seemed that Namid already knew what had happened.
“My master is calling…” Gardn said with an evil grin in his face.

Dion was now in Pramiet’s office. How she hated that room, with strange artefacts and instruments. When she was little, once, she broke a jar using her powers, which made Pramiet full of anger. As long as he was the director, she must obey his orders.
“Dion, I don’t want any more students hurt, you should already know that. Otherwise, I’ll be forced to expel you…”
The reaction Pramiet wanted turned to become a grin. That perspective wasn’t uninteresting…
It was better to change subject.
“Let’s begin with your lesson…”
The boring lessons. Pramiet gave Dion a task which involved her mental capacity, and not her powers, as supposed. It was this way every lesson. This time, she had to copy a text about the harmonious sound of dolphins, the sea wisers.
She started bored. While she was writing, he was reading a book, as if her task was the most common thing.
“Master, why don’t we play a bit?” she asked grinning. Finally some action.
“Have you finished it yet?” he asked but still reading.
“It is your duty to teach me about my power.” She informed blowing the book in Pramiet’s hands in pieces.
He accepted her challenge. “But if I win…” he told her “you will obey firmly my orders and don’t ask questions.”
She grinned.
“What about… if I win… I’ll leave this shitty school to never come back… Accepted?”
‘That would mean…’
“I accept your challenge…”
He started using all his strength. A blast of magic was heading straight to Dion’s head.
‘Won already?’
No. The blast exploded in a shelf near Pramiet. Dion had diverted the blast’s way.
“Is that the best you can do?” she asked blowing her hands covered by light magic smoke.
However, the light power turned to have a strange effect in Dion. Being exposed to light, her body collapsed. The body, it hurt. Was she dying like this?
Pramiet approached her, worried about her student. However, he didn’t even touch her. Before he could do that, she screamed and let all her power free. The gloves which were controlling her power failed. She was out of control. Before faiting, Pramiet sensed the darkness destroying all his soul. This was the ultimate power.
Her head was hurting, her arms were full of power to free. Indeed, it happened. Pramiet’s office was now destroyed and it wasn’t finished yet. Fortunately, Dion’s inner battle to control her body was won. She was now staring at her own work, at where her own power had leaded her.
“So much things need to be done…” she said with a grin.

Next Chapter:
What is going on? Who is Namid?

Author’s Note:
I finished programming Dion and I guess it will take longer than what I originally programmed. But it is better this way.
It is now that the real action begins. The next time you’ll hear from Dion, you’ll have tons of action to enjoy. By the way, sorry for this lousy chapter, but I want to finish this story as soon as I can. Please comment!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home