© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Memories - Chapter 1

This is the cliff were the humanity will end.
Nine years after my robotization I’m the same, with one difference: my leg is made with metal. It was difficult to get used to this new tool but I had had a great support. We can’t rely on sintists: their only concern is to keep us under control. But why do they want us to live? Wouldn’t it be better to end our race and create a pure one, free from robotizations? The robotization is a deal: if you are hurt, the part of the body which is harmed will have to be replaced by a machine. Sintists are so freaks when it comes to avoiding illnesses!
“Yo, Kaze.”
Well, it wasn’t necessary to turn around. The only person who knows my name and says “Yo” is my brother.
“Yo” I greeted. “What’s up?”
“Mom, wants our help. Wat’cha doing?” he’s got to work in his fluency. In fact, we aren’t real brothers, we just got the same mother so, obviously, he is younger than me, and had an average dad, a robotized father.
“Nothin’. Just staring…”
He grinned. “Do you still have nightmares with this place?”
I shut up. The conversation could be lead in a different course. His father’s death was something he‘d always blame me for. It was better to change subject.
“How’s Rienna doing?”
“Well, I guess. At least she’s already eating.” He said in a more cheerful tone. “She hasn’t adapted to her new leg yet.” He was kind of amused.
“Hey, hey, your process of adaptation was even worst! You were always crying because you couldn’t pick your fork!”
“Shut up!” he tried to get me with his mechanical arm. His arm…
Mick, my brother, scratched his arm when we, family, were passing through difficult times. His father died, then our mother was robotized for the third time of her life and we were living alone, so it was predictable he’d hurt himself to be close to his mother. Hopefully, he got used to his new arm and uses it a lot, mainly for typing in the laptop he brought everywhere he went to. He is really good in dealing with electronic devices. In our world, every robotized being knows how to deal with it well, but my brother has further knowledge. I have hope in his future.
“So, what kind of help does mom needs?” I asked after being captured by him.
“Picking the grapes. Yo, let’s do this our what?”
I nodded. He headed to our village but I stayed behind a bit. I had the sensation that the next time I’d be near this cliff would be the last. I took a quick gaze to the place: it was too deep and black to see the bottom so we called it The Endless Cliff. Evil spirits seemed to rule the place, draining the nearest soul. But it was attractive. The spirits were the call to freedom: the more I stared, the more I wanted to join them. You could call this my favourite place.
“Yo, comin’ or not?” I woke up with Mick’s call far away, near the cereal field.
“Yes!” I ran to get away from the attraction.
‘I’ll come back.’

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home