© 2005 Fifteen Journey. All rights reserved.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Fifteen Journey - Chapter 23

“Rick, wake up!”
The voices were approaching.
“Come on, we haven’t got all day! Open your eyes!”
Rick slowly obeyed. It was good to see sunshine again…
Mike and Fred were near him. Horous cheerfully jumped to Rick’s lap.
“Where am I?” asked Rick while caressing the puppy.
“In a nurse’s somewhere in the village. It was Fred that guided me.”
Rick turned to Fred and smiled gratefully.
“You won’t believe this,” Mike started “but you have been sleeping for almost a day!”
“WHAT?!!!”
“I guess you were really tired, anyway, you haven’t slept since the first night we knew each other… But congratulations, Rick!”
Rick turned to Fred when hearing his voice.
“I admit my loss. But, from where have you gathered all that energy?”
“Ahm, well, I don’t know…” Rick replied embarrassed “Hey, where’s Cassey?” he asked trying to change the subject.
“Ah, she went to buy us some lunch. It’s good to have one girl in the team.”
The team…
“Fred, want to join us?” Rick quickly asked.
“Join you?”
“Well, you know, join our group to try to make Rick the champion…” Mike explained.
“Hey, it’s not that! I can be champion by myself!”
“A dummy head like yours? Na, I don’t think so…”
The argue took place in the quiet room, this time with Fred trying to set them apart.
“Do you boys never stop fighting?”
“Food!”
Mike and Rick (and Horous) fought again, this time for food.
“Are they always like this?” Fred asked.
“Dunno. I have only been with them since yesterday.” Cassey started drinking her soda “Where, have one too.”
Fred, instead of opening the soda, played with it in his hands, lost in his thoughts.
“What worries you?” Cassey asked watching Mike and Rick eating like nuts.
Fred was just looking at the soda. “Rick asked me to join your team.” Fred paused “However, it would be better if I returned home to take care of my family.”
“Is it that big?”
“Yeah, I have 2 older sisters that have already established their families, and 4 younger brothers, plus 2 baby sisters that are twins.”
Cassey gasped with the juice inside her mouth.
“Cof… cof… They must really need you.”
“Yeah, but there is a reason to go with you. I need to find someone…”
Cassey didn’t ask more. It was enough.
“Hey, you two, Fred is going with us!”
“I never said that!!!” he replied.
“Really? Come with us!” Mike and Rick begged with puppy eyes.
Fred gulped.
“Ok, I guess I have no other choice…”
“Yeah!!!”
“Haven’t you noticed yet that you two behave exactly as little children?”
Rick and Mike joined forces to battle Cassey, watched by Fred you was enjoying the scene.
‘Maybe I made the right choice…’

Levinita wasn’t peaceful more. Their candidate had lost and the honour was fading away. The foreigners were the main target of accusations, which made the anger grow. Kane had completely forgotten his work and joined the camp where Rick’s father and sister where staying, for not being target of accusations. But it wasn’t the worst of all. Rick’s father, Dunies, had already predicted the conflicts would pass. However, Kane felt he wasn’t safe anymore. There was an eviler force in Levinita, the foreigners felt it, that was profiting the revolts to grow.
‘I must check this…’
It was a quiet night. No one would predict one youngster would discover the secret of Tourch.

Next Chapter:
“I did not cheat, and I don’t know where all that energy came from but the fact is that happened. It’s a matter of trust. Do you trust me?” - Trust Deals

Author’s Note:
Hi, people! As you see, when it appears next chapter, it will appear a phrase from the next chapter, not only for you to think and use your imagination but for me to work faster, since I’ve got to do this chapter and the next one to publish this. I hope you enjoy my work! (And, by the way, COMMENT! Thank you.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home